اليوم جبت لعيونكم اسئلة الكتاب وحلولها
1. Set book- grade 9 - unit 7
2. Why is the first aid kit important?
Because it helps us treat people who get injured suddenly.
3. What do we use oars for?
to row a boat
4. What is the difference between a signal flare and a signal mirror?
A signal flare is usually used at night, and a signal mirror is used during the day.
5. Mention the things that a first aid kit contains?
It contains bandages and medicines.
6. Name five things that you consider as a priority when going on an adventure?
A first aid kit, a signal flare, a signal mirror, a rope and survival manual.
7. What is a problem?
It is something different.
8. Define problem solving?
It is changing a real present situation into a better future one.
9. Mention some of the features of problem solving?
identifying the problem
creative thinking to discover a solution.
10. Explain ( thinking outside the box ).
It means thinking beyond the limits of our habits and routine.
11. Why is sea air good for you?
It is full of minerals.
It can act as a decongestant and antiseptics.
14. Explain why fireworks can work on the moon.
Because they have a chemical mix that contains oxygen.
12. Why are fingerprints important?
They helps grasp things
They help the police identify criminals.
13. Why do text messages get through when there is no signal for voice calls?
Because they use a very small amount of data.
Set book- grade 9 - unit 8
14. Who is Maria Montessori ?
She is Italy's first woman doctor.
15. Describe education in Italy at the turn of the twentieth century ?
It was strict and rigid.
16. Name some of Montessori's achievements.
She devised theories that allowed children learn at their own pace.
She invented equipment that helped children learn by using their senses.
17. What can you do to plan for the summer holiday?
We can ask about the special summer schools.
We make a timetable of the activities we can have.
18. What should you do if you were mistaken with your friend?
I should apologize to her.
Set book- grade 9 - unit 9
19. What is volcano ?
It is a hole in the Earth's surface which pushes out hot, liquid rock.
20. What does a volcano cause?
It causes changes to the weather, it reduces sunlight and it kills crops.
21. How can volcanoes be predicted?
By using special advanced machines.
22. What is the center of the storm called?
It's called the eye.
23. How can people avoid hurricanes?
By tracking them by satellites and warning people.
24. When do earthquakes happen?
When two massive earth plates move past each other.
25. What do earthquakes cause?
Buildings, streets and bridges are destroyed, and many people die.
26. How can people measure the strength of the earthquake?
By using the Richter scale.
27. What is tsunami?
It is a huge killer wave.
28. Where did the terrible tsunami happen?
It happened in the Indian Ocean and it hit 11 countries.
29. What is being developed to help people know about tsunami?
Better international warning systems.
30. What does SOS stand for?
Save Our Souls.
31. What does a paramedic do?
He helps people in urgent cases.
32. What can you see in the ambulance?
We can see medicines, oxygen tanks and other equipment.
33. 16. What does a paramedic wear?
A bright green and yellow uniform so they are easy to see.
34. 17- How can divers breathe under water?
By using oxygen tanks.
Set book - Grade 9 / unit 10
35. What is a whirlpool?
It is an area in the sea or a river where water goes quickly round and round.
36. What does a whirlpool cause?
It causes damage of things and death.
37. Why is the Plymouth Rally an adventure?
Because the adventurers like to enjoy the journey while racing.
38. 4- What is the aim of the Plymouth to Banjul Rally?
It is enjoying the adventure and raising money for charity.
39. What were camels used for in the past?
They were used for travelling and carrying goods for long distances.
40. Why was travelling through the silk road dangerous?
Because merchants faced freezing temperatures and boiling deserts.
41. What is the Silk Road?
It is an ancient route which connected the continents of Asia and Europe.
42. What is a caravan?
It's a group of people using between 100-1000 camels carrying goods and travelling together across the desert.
43. Why was the Silk Road less-used?
Because the old empires declined, Europeans started making their own silk and travelling by sea became less dangerous.
44. What goods were exchanged and carried through the Silk Road?
Silk, silver, spices, precious stones, gold and horses.
Set book - Grade 9 / unit 11
45. How can rich people help in developing the society?
By giving some of their money to charity organizations and building schools and hospitals.
46. Does money make you happy and free? Explain.
No, because it traps you and makes you worry more.
47. What do people wear in Japan?
They wear kimonos.
48. What is a kimono?
It is a traditional long robe that you tie around your stomach.
49. What are chopsticks used for?
They are used for eating and for tying the hair.
50. What is the traditional food in Japan?
It is sushi.
51. Why is the Shinkansen called the bullet train ?
Because it is as fast as a bullet.
52. What means of transport are common in Japan?
Taxis, cars, motorbikes and bullet trains.
53. When are kimonos worn these days in Japan?
They are worn on special occasions or at home.
54. What is "sumo wrestling" ?
It is a traditional sport, in which two wrestlers fight in a ring.
55. What are the three elements of happiness?
Experiencing pleasures in life, using your strength in a positive way and having a spiritual life.
56. When does time pass quickly?
When we are busy working or doing a hobby or a sport.
57. What are the sources of happiness?
Family, friends, enough money, work, faith, a social life and health.
58. 14- How does happiness contribute to the community?
It makes us more sociable, physically healthy and keen to help others.
Set book - Grade 9 Unit 12
59. What makes a true friend?
A true friend is someone who is always there for you.
60. What are the qualities of a good friend?
Respectful, loyal, trustworthy.
61. What does friendship depend on?
Loyalty, sharing likes, dislikes and feelings, respect and love.
62. How can we make friends?
By being a good friend, being a good listener and smiling to people.